top of page

Building Codes


 The Township adopted the Uniform Construction Codes, for use in all building construction within the Township effective June 01, 2004​​​.

Telecommunication Towers and Facility Buildings Ordinance

The technical developments in the telecommunication field have provided new options for the expansion and delivery of communication services to Washington Township residents.


The Board of Supervisors recognizes that the Township and it's fire and emergency services, residents and visitors rely on wireless communication services for business and personal use. Therefore, we desire to encourage efficient and adequate wireless communication services within the Township while at the same time protecting the health, safety and welfare of the residents by regulating the construction and placement of communication towers and antennas with local regulations consistent with the interests of Washington Township and it's residents and the limitations imposed by Federal and State statutes and regulations. 

Building Occupancy Permits

No new structure occupied as a residence or accessory use to a residence or any existing structure occupied for any other purpose shall be so occupied by any person, partnership, corporation, or other type entity unless an occupancy permit has been issued by the Code Enforcement Officer for Washington Township allowing occupancy of the same.

Building Permit Applications

Building Permit applications can be found under the "Services and Information Tab" and then selecting "Applications and Forms".  Please contact the office for a customer assistance guide when completing a building permit application. 

Frequently Asked Questions


Q: Do I need a permit?

A: All construction of decks need a building permit.




Swimming Pools

Q: Do I need a permit?

A: Yes, all swimming pools need permits, even if they are above ground.  Also,      you should call the office for the additional regulations on swimming pools.





Land Use

Q: Do I need approval to change existing land use?

A: Yes, change of use from a business to another business or partial change of       business to residence, needs to contact the Planning Department for                 approval.


Q: What if I put my business in my house?

A: You must contact the Planning Department to change use of your property        to partial business.



Q: Do I need a permit to move dirt?

A: If you are moving more than 400 cubic yards of earth, then you must get a        grading permit from the Township.  If you are moving under 400 cubic              yards of earth you still need a permit but there is no cost associated with it. 


Q:  Does my farm need a permit?

A:  CLICK here for more information


bottom of page